The festival’s sustainability policy
We divide up the concept of sustainability into three dimensions:
Ecological sustainability – Social sustainability – Economic sustainability.
Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. To achieve sustainable development, there must be a balance between the three dimensions: ecological, social and financial.
We shall contribute towards:
- The development of Gothenburg as a sustainable, innovative destination and event city.
- The long-term sustainable development of the event.
- Minimal environmental impact and environmentally aware choices.
- Reduced segregation and improved accessibility.
- Gender equality and diversity in our work, both within the organisation and among our participants and visitors.
- No one being excluded on the basis of gender, ethnicity, functionality, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression, religion or age.
- Breaking down segregation and strengthening a sense of unity.
- The positive development of society and our stakeholders.
- Our agreement partners working with the three dimensions of sustainability – ecological, social and financial sustainability – and the Gothenburg Culture Festival’s platform strengthening and raising the visibility of this work.
- The positive development of the local economy and increased interest in the region.
We shall follow the legislation and requirements that affect our operations, and shall certify the event’s environmental and sustainability work via third parties. Our key environmental aspects are energy, transport, waste and food. We work continuously to actively lower our environmental impact by reducing our energy consumption, coordinating and reducing transport, and making waste management more efficient.