Our sustainability policy
The festival’s sustainability policy
We divide the concept of sustainability into three dimensions; Organic sustainability – Social sustainability – Economic sustainability.
Sustainable development is a way of development that meets today’s needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. In order to achieve sustainable development, the balance must prevail between the three interacting dimensions: ecological, social, and economic.
We will contribute to:
- The development of Gothenburg as a sustainable and innovative destination and event city.
- Long-term sustainable development of the event Gothenburg Culture Festival.
- Minimized environmental impact and environmentally conscious choices.
- Reduced segregation and increased accessibility.
- Equality and diversity in our work, both within the organization and among our contributors and visitors.
- That no one should be excluded because of gender, ethnicity, functionality, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, or age.
- Breaking segregation and strengthening solidarity.
- The positive development of our society and our stakeholders.
- That our contract partners should work on fulfilling the three dimensions; ecological, social, and economic sustainability, and that the platform GCF provides should be able to strengthen and make the work more visible.
- The positive development of the local economy and increased interest in the region.
We must comply with the laws and requirements that affect our operations and certify the environmental and sustainability work of the event through third parties. Our significant environmental aspects are energy, transport, waste, and food. We are constantly working to actively reduce our environmental impact by reducing energy consumption, coordinating and reducing the number of transports, and streamlining waste management.